Friday, June 26, 2009

Or So I've Heard

When I head in to work, I drive the Pacific Coast Highway. This first attempt at a poem is inspired by the people I see on my drive.

Driving to work, I can taste the salt air.
Or so I've heard - I've rolled the windows up.

Seagulls chatter as the soar overhead.
Or so I've heard - I hear nothing but talk radio.

Small waves crash against the rocks and the shore.
Or so I've heard - I never glance away from the road.

There are people swimming, surfing, and boating.
Or so I've heard - I think only of myself.

The scenery is beautiful.
Or so I've heard - I'll never stop to enjoy it.

There's more to life than the daily grind.
Or so I've heard.

1 comments:

Caity Bennett said...

This is my second favorite. Seems to be the norm when people drive nowadays. Which is one of the reasons I liked the drive to SD so much... :)

Post a Comment